Course Date: 30 May 2019, 09:00 - 16:00
The tutors for this course are Ann Wise/Hollie Robinson/Laura Mason
Duration of Course: 7 hours
Location: Medical Education Centre, Warwick Hospital
Price: £108.00 per Delegate
Available Places: 4
The training is being held in Room A, in the Medical Education Building.
Who should attend
Qualified staff caring for hospital inpatients.
Pressure ulcer prevention, assessment and management for hospital inpatients.
This course will provide education in:
• Understanding and undertaking risk assessment
• Pressure ulcer aetiology
• Pressure ulcer assessment and grading- defining what a pressure ulcer is and what is not e.g.
moisture lesion, SCALE etc
• Pressure ulcer prevention strategies including equipment selection and care planning
• Holistic care of a patient with pressure ulcers
• Defining avoidable and unavoidable pressure ulcers and the consequences
• Documentation and litigation
This will be in line with current national and international standards and guidelines. There are formal and group sessions and opportunity for questions and discussion.
The tutors for this course are Ann Wise/Hollie Robinson/Laura Mason.