Who should attend
This practical session gives care home catering staff the knowledge and skills to be able to support residents at risk of malnutrition.The sessions are run by Registered Dietitians and will help with meeting the Warwickshire Nutrition and Hydration Standards.
To enable catering staff to support residents at risk of malnutrition to meet their nutritional needs.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe how malnutrition can be minimised through nourishing approaches
- Identify ways to improve the nutritional content of a diet through principles of food fortification
- Understand the practicalities of supporting individuals with eating and drinking
- Be aware of the importance of some therapeutic diets such as gluten free, diabetes and modified consistency
- All participants will receive an information pack containing a range of recipes