We respect the privacy of each individual who visits this Web site (the Site). We will only collect personal information which is voluntarily submitted. Information submitted to us is held and used by us solely to provide you with a good experience, easy access to or to enable you to interact with our Site. If at any time you want us to delete or amend information please contact us. We will not sell your data but may share it with third parties to notify you of our services as detailed below. For the purpose of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, the Data Controller is South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust.
Information we may collect from you includes;
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on this site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
• When someone visits the website, we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personal identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
• Technical information about your computer
The information we collect may include:
• Email address
• Postal address
• Phone number
• Payment details you submit to us.
Together with any information you provide when you contact us with a question or concern. We maintain a record of your course interests and purchases, and any refunds or transfers that you make online. We need to collect personal information in order to provide the requested products and services to you.
We may combine personal information with information about your online and other interactions with us, including your purchases. We may also combine your personal information with information we receive from other sources such as joint marketing partners, public databases, public available pages on social media platforms and other third parties. If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us or our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this privacy notice.
Credit/debit card details are not stored on our website. Where credit/debit cards are used to make payments for courses we use SAGEPAY. Your details are then encrypted to the highest global standards.
Where we store your personal data
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the DPA/GDPR. We use industry standard encryption (AES) to protect personal and sensitive information while the data is stored within our database. Passwords are securely stored using a Password Based Key Derivation Function (PDKF2), which ensures the passwords are stored securely; even we will not know what they are. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We may use your personal information for legitimate business purposes including the following:
• Providing our services and fulfilling your requests
• To process and fulfil your order, including sending you emails to confirm your order status and administer your customer account.
• To respond to your enquiries and fulfil your requests
• To provide you with an improved customer service experience and for complaint handling purposes
• To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies
Personal information is used in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, on the services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• Certain courses such as our range of First Aid at Work training include certificates which are generated by our training partner Nuco Training. If you attend one of these courses we will provide them with you name to generate your training certificate and then we will send them on to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This could include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Technical information about your computer
We may collect information about the type of computer you are using, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is aggregated statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. When someone visits the website, we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We also may collect cookie information. A cookie is a small text file which your browser stores on your device. Cookies are transferred into to your device’s permanent storage when you visit our website to allow the site to recognise you when you visit our website again and to enable us to improve your use of the site.
Cookies may be temporary (or “session”) cookies, which are only in use while you visit our website and are deleted when you close your browser, or permanent cookies, which stay on your device’s permanent storage after you leave our website until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them after a period of time.
We may use temporary cookies in order to remember you as you use our website, but we also allow third parties (particularly Google) to use analytical cookies (both temporary and permanent) on our website to compile aggregate information about the areas of our website that are visited most frequently.
Most web browser settings are set for you to accept both our own cookies and third party cookies. However, you are able to adjust those settings (in relation to both our own cookies and those of third parties) to accept the cookies, to prompt you to accept or refuse a cookie each time one is sent, or to reject all cookies outright. We recommend that, for the highest functionality of the website, you accept both our own cookies and third party cookies. Browser settings can be changed in your tool bar.
By default cookies are enabled. If you wish to reject these, you can configure your browser to do so, but please be aware that if you do, certain functionality of the website may not be available and your use of the website may therefore be diminished.
Access to information
The GDPR/DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by requesting access through the contact page on the Site, we will then have one calendar month to response to your request.
We will continue to provide with a service unless you request for your data to be removed.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to any other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.