WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Registered Dietitians, AHP's and nurses.
This training leads on from the core skills learnt from the core skills learnt in Part One. The course explores ways of building and strengthening motivation to change and maintaining the motivation to change and maintaining that motivation throughout the change process. Motivational Interviewing (MI) has been used successfully in a wide range of health behaviours and the challenge for healthcare professionals is to incorporate this way of working into thier practice.
The course topics include:
- Define motivation and motivational interviewing
- 4 Key Processes in MI
- The evidence for this way of working
- Key skills: Reflective listening skills
- Key Strategies: Explore "Readiness", Explore Ambivalence, Typical Day, Exchanging Information, Help with Decision Making, Goal Setting.
- Integration into practice.
Lunch will be provided if you have any special Dietary requirements please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org