WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If you are enthusiastic about nutrition, have good communication skills and want to make a difference in your care home this course is for you!
As a Nutrition Champion you will lead by example and share good practice relating to food and drink with your colleagues. You will help your home to meet the Warwickshire Nutrition and Hydration Standards.
You should discuss the role of Nutrition Champion with your manager to ensure their support in the ongoing activities.
This practical session gives Nutrition Champions the knowledge and skills to support all residents with eating and drinking, especially those at risk of malnutrition and to share information and good practice with colleagues.
- What is a healthy balanced diet.
- The importance of good hydration
- Factors that can affect nutritional intake including the dining environment
- How to accurately screen for malnutrition using MUST
- Ways to help prevent and treat malnutrition
- Ideas for promotions and educational activities
- Practical ideas on how to identify and introduce the improvements needed in you care home.
- Ways to share the information with colleagues
- Support and information from the dietetic team will be provided after you have completed the course.
The trainer for this course is Lisa-Jayne El-Sour, Specialist Community Dietitian