Course Date: 22 March 2022, 12:45 - 17:00
Duration of Course: 4 Hours
Price: £90.00 per Delegate
An interactive and engaging approach to delivering a live online streamed training session via Microsoft teams, with the opportunity to ask questions.
Who should attend
This Travel Health Update is intended for nurses who have experience carrying out travel health consultations and who wish to update their knowledge and skills, meeting the requirement for an annual travel health update (RCN 2018 Competencies: Travel health nursing: career and competence development| Royal College of Nursing page 23 point 6). It covers many topics including: Covid-19: how to advise your traveller, an update on travel vaccines, malaria, professional issues and the latest developments in travel health.
Points to consider
You will require:
To access this course you will need a computer, laptop, tablet, or iPad with a large screen (i.e. bigger than a phone)
A good internet connection
To be in an environment where you will not be disturbed, as you will need to be present for the whole course (as it is interactive & live). We do not recommend accessing at work as colleagues may not be able to resist asking for your help!
Access to Microsoft Teams as the course will be run through this.
Delegates will require:
- To access course on a computer, laptop, tablet, or iPad with a large screen (i.e. bigger than a phone)
- A separate mobile phone (this trainer uses https://www.menti.com/ for the interactive element of the course, you will be given a code to enter at the beginning of the session).
- A good internet connection
- To be in an environment where you will not be disturbed, as you will need to be present for the whole course (as it is interactive & live)
What’s new in travel medicine?
- How to advise travellers during the pandemic?
- Measles & travel
- Provision of an NHS travel health service
- Malaria update
- Other risks
- Travel vaccine update
- Which are the best resources to use?
- How to stay up to date
Cathy O’Malley RGN FFTM RCPS(Glasg) is a Travel Health Nurse Specialist with 14 years clinical experience in a travel clinic. She has a Travel medicine diploma and is a Fellow of the Faculty of Travel Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow. She is the co-author of the RCPSG's e-learning module of FGM and the Travel Consultation. She is passionate about travel medicine and passing her knowledge on to others.